Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Scenario - You get offered a lot of in-game currency

• 520 posts
    January 25, 2020 12:55 PM PST

If that someone offers money I will take it, if someone asks for help while not offering anything I would do it for free.

• 624 posts
    January 25, 2020 7:30 PM PST

Not a mercenary for hire (unless you want me to perform in a tavern!).  I have a job already, don't need another in game.

If I know the person, or see someone new struggling (but making a real valiant effort) I will gladly help for free.

• 521 posts
    January 26, 2020 4:20 AM PST

I would report the individual and move on, someone offering a lot of in game money likely gained it though illegal means, if their so easily willing to part with it.

• 124 posts
    January 29, 2020 2:23 AM PST

To be honest, it depends on many factors that are playing for me at that time. Not so much about taking the money, but more or less about investing the time i have at that moment.

For say, i'm most likely going to help for free. But if i'm next on a camp list, i'm not likely to join you.

If i know the fight takes a while or requires a certain set of skills, ill put myself in 'standby' if i have the time. So that when they get the people requirement ill be called into action.

If i simply don't have much time to play that day / week, i'm more inclined to stick to my current plan of harvesting or crafting. It's better to say no and be honest, than say yes and bail half way.

• 627 posts
    January 29, 2020 6:06 AM PST
    If a player wants to pay me to help on some special anoying scenario, that i dont have any interest in. If i have time ill do it, and help to the best of my ability.
    • 368 posts
    January 29, 2020 8:38 AM PST

I was the type of person that used to go hang out in lower zones on EQ1 to buff and help people. That has gone by the wayside over the years with my current MMO's because, people can literally faceroll their way to max level and quality gear in no time at all. Not needing help from anyone, but just running from ! to !

• 363 posts
    January 29, 2020 11:50 AM PST

I generally help people for free if I'm not already busy with something, and if so I reach out to them once I'm available. I don't expect compensation, nor do I ask for it, but I also won't refuse a tip if offered.

• 945 posts
    January 29, 2020 12:52 PM PST

Depends on several factors for me:
    - Difficulty of encounter relative to my level and person I'm helping.
    -Amount of money offered, regardless of the above point, I wont turn away a substantial amount of money even if the difficulty is trivial.  (Some people will have twinks trying to complete content that have more money than the average player of a similar level).
    -Is it an encounter I can benefit from as well
    -My relationship with the person (guildmate, opposing RP faction, socially exiled, etc)

But generally speaking, yes I will help someone for money - as mentioned by someone else "what kind of adventurer goes on an adventure on behalf of someone else for free?!"  :)

• 133 posts
    January 30, 2020 10:51 AM PST

It depends for me. If the encounter is going to for sure have deaths in it and I'm going to be punished heavily for something I can't control, if it's going to have a wipe, if the group is inexperienced, if its in an area that I will be the biggest target in whether that's because of faction or race, what type of loot it dropped, if I don't know you even, anything like that at all; then you better have a good chunk of money on hand to give to me for that. If I know the person or people, then I would possibly do it for free or at a discount. It all depends still on the situations too.