Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Debate - What is the best way

• 2756 posts
    January 20, 2020 4:14 AM PST

Nephretiti said:

True story:

One middle-of-the-week night a long time ago I decided to work on my crafting...

Me: 

Some guy I have never even heard of:  Um, Hi!  Hope you dont mind but I did a /who all Illu and found you.

Them:  What are you doing?

Me: Leveling up my crafting.

Them:  LOL!  You idiot!  Put that (*& down.  You're coming to Tov with us.

Me:  Lol!  Okies.

The point here is that we need to keep some of the old tried-and-true methods.  Let folks find us in this way as well as other methods.  Or if you definately do NOT want to cold-called like this, a simple command to opt-out would be nice.  Like /anon

Yeah the old ways should still be available and possible, but you make a good point: Maybe there should be a /NLFG (Not Looking For Group) flag or /LFPAQ (Looking for peace and quiet) too.

• 1247 posts
    January 20, 2020 11:02 AM PST

Celandor said:

I liked the old school /lfg flag that I could pop up whenever.  It allowed you to do simple things like

/who all lfg cleric 15-20

This lets you find exactly what your group is looking for.   The problem with that system is people get too lazy to type /lfg or the /who command, so you had silly things happening in-zone like "lfg check".  People stop using /lfg, then your ability to look for group members gets restricted to the zone you are in.

Whatever system we implement, I hope it merely identifies potential group mates and doesn't automatically try to match them up.

Celandor states this very well. I agree that we don't need some kind of automatic lfg system (ew!).

#communitymatters #makenightmatteragain #factionsmatter #riskvsreward #deathpenalty #HardRaiding #respectyourguild #HellLevels #gamesnotworlds #aradune 

This post was edited by Syrif at January 20, 2020 11:02 AM PST
    • 81 posts
    January 21, 2020 3:23 PM PST

/who lfg