Forums » Fan Creations

Retrospective - Amberfaet 2016 vs 2019

• 2886 posts
    December 31, 2019 11:22 AM PST

The end of the year is a good time to reflect. So I figured this would also be a good time to reflect on the progress that the Visionary Realms team has made on Pantheon. And given the recent streams of Amberfaet, I figured that would be a good place to start, especially since the last time Amberfaet was streamed was all the way back in 2016, so that gives us a nice wide range of time to look at. My computer has four monitors, and we have so far seen Amberfaet from four different perspectives over the years, so I literally watched all of them at the same time - it was glorious. And in doing so, I noticed some similarities in the areas they explored - what better way to assess the progress than to compare side-by-side clips of literally the exact same areas. I found it really interesting to see how far the game has come, so I compiled the clips into one big video so you can see the difference too. So with that in mind, to cap off 2019, come on a journey with me through time and space... far below the Tenebrous Tundra to the icy caverns of Amberfaet, "The Kingdom Beneath", to see what the zone can tell us about how Pantheon has changed over the past 3 years... https://youtu.be/PWOf701Zmg0

• 500 posts
    December 31, 2019 12:50 PM PST

Well done Baz!

• 197 posts
    December 31, 2019 3:41 PM PST

Great work Baz! I think watching 4 different streams on 4 different monitors at the same time is the definition of “Pantheoning”, haha. 

• 520 posts
    December 31, 2019 4:20 PM PST

Great work Baz! Huge change! I was fine with how it looked before, but now - wow, just wow. The only thing that looks inadequately bland in comparison to the rest are hairs.

• 560 posts
    December 31, 2019 10:46 PM PST

Very cool.

• 6 posts
    January 1, 2020 12:33 AM PST

Nice work Bazgrim! Thank you for all the time you put in for us =) This place looks biiig and I am loving the progress they've made.

• 2886 posts
    January 11, 2020 1:19 PM PST

Therek said:

Great work Baz! I think watching 4 different streams on 4 different monitors at the same time is the definition of “Pantheoning”, haha. 

Lol true, in fact it's pretty much the epitome of "Pantheoning" - can't imagine Pantheoning any more than that haha. It was pretty magnificent, I should have taken a picture :P