Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

All Hail The New Torchbearers @ Visionary Realms

• 88 posts
    November 20, 2019 9:08 AM PST

I was 12 years old when I logged into Everquest on launch day. I had an old Gateway PC with I think one stick of ram and dial-up internet. I don't even remember if the computer had a dedicated graphics card. I logged in and got lost in that world. For years and years to come. Whether it be at Crushbone, Kelethin Forest, Freeport, all the way to the Plane of Fear. No matter where I went in a Brad McQuaid game it was always an adventure. The best part about Brad McQuaid's games and vision? It could be shared and comprehended by others.

That's why we're all here. That's why the team at VR is here. We all are here because we agree with this vision. The team at VR is here because they can "see" that vision. I'm sure working with Brad made it easier to see it, but I know they can. All Hail Visionary Realms, the new Torchbearers of a vision we will not let pass. Even if our friends and loved ones pass, the vision lives on, and that is what makes Brad McQuaid a legend and a visionary.

I have to get through the Holiday seasons first. But, after I do, i'll be increasing my pledge. I have all the faith in the world the team at VR can realize the full potential of Brad's vision. I'm sure the recent news will take some time for you all to recover from. But, I have confidence in you, because you've done so much to prove already that you are in-fact the new Torchbearers. It is both a burden and an honor. I hope you guys at VR take whatever time is necessary to process this entirely and regather your strength and focus. But never lose the spirit and willpower to see that potential realized. The genre needs more like you.

I'm devastated by the news of Aradune. But Brad would want us to cheer on you guys at VR rather than be sad in his passing. Brad had confidence in his team at VR.

This post was edited by Haseno at November 20, 2019 9:11 AM PST
    • 1247 posts
    November 20, 2019 9:13 AM PST

/hail

/rally <3

• 220 posts
    November 20, 2019 9:40 AM PST

/well met

• 17 posts
    November 20, 2019 9:47 AM PST

Haseno said:

I was 12 years old when I logged into Everquest on launch day. I had an old Gateway PC with I think one stick of ram and dial-up internet. I don't even remember if the computer had a dedicated graphics card. I logged in and got lost in that world. For years and years to come. Whether it be at Crushbone, Kelethin Forest, Freeport, all the way to the Plane of Fear. No matter where I went in a Brad McQuaid game it was always an adventure. The best part about Brad McQuaid's games and vision? It could be shared and comprehended by others.

That's why we're all here. That's why the team at VR is here. We all are here because we agree with this vision. The team at VR is here because they can "see" that vision. I'm sure working with Brad made it easier to see it, but I know they can. All Hail Visionary Realms, the new Torchbearers of a vision we will not let pass. Even if our friends and loved ones pass, the vision lives on, and that is what makes Brad McQuaid a legend and a visionary.

I have to get through the Holiday seasons first. But, after I do, i'll be increasing my pledge. I have all the faith in the world the team at VR can realize the full potential of Brad's vision. I'm sure the recent news will take some time for you all to recover from. But, I have confidence in you, because you've done so much to prove already that you are in-fact the new Torchbearers. It is both a burden and an honor. I hope you guys at VR take whatever time is necessary to process this entirely and regather your strength and focus. But never lose the spirit and willpower to see that potential realized. The genre needs more like you.

I'm devastated by the news of Aradune. But Brad would want us to cheer on you guys at VR rather than be sad in his passing. Brad had confidence in his team at VR.

Well said.  I'm here to support Brad's vision for the genre, like you.

• 103 posts
    November 20, 2019 11:38 AM PST
    /hail
    /Rally
    • 114 posts
    November 20, 2019 3:30 PM PST

/salute and agree fully!! Brad would NOT want us to cry and tear our hair out as his passing. He would want us to carry on and see his vision realized. I know the team is in good hands, and have absolutely no doubt that we will see Brad's dream of Terminus realized :) 

• 2138 posts
    November 28, 2019 11:58 AM PST

Hail!

Joppa

Ben

Roenick

Kilsin

Zoe

Brasse

Artois

Convo

And the others I haven't mentioned- sorry! doing it from recent memory!

• 291 posts
    November 28, 2019 12:10 PM PST

"And please know that we are more galvanized than ever, to make sure that Pantheon is finished and that its the best game that it can be. And brads memory will go on in Pantheon"

-Chris "Joppa" Perkins 11-26-19

Hail!

• 902 posts
    November 29, 2019 6:18 AM PST

We had no doubt Joppa, still, it's great to hear. Thank you VR, thank you Brad.