Forums » The Enchanter

• 44 posts
    November 16, 2019 10:45 AM PST

Is it just me, or does the Human seem to be a relatively good choice for an Enchanter?

Any amount of spell haste is always good, especially for increasing the speed of crowd control. The faction bonuses are no doubt going to be helpful, especially if the quests are anything like EQ where you were required to purchase items, or engage in discourse with NPCs that would normally not interact with you. And, the increased effectiveness of spells / abilities that are based on charisma seems to be ideal for an Enchanter (I'm guessing charisma will still govern mez, and the like).

It would probably boil down to starting stats, and the active abilities (once we know them), but the human does seem to be a pretty good choice? Or am I missing something here?

• Wig
    • 209 posts
    November 16, 2019 1:18 PM PST
    They do seem to be very good imo. But as you said, need to wait on racial stats and actives.
    • 322 posts
    November 16, 2019 1:32 PM PST

As of now, unfortunately, they seem the best

• 194 posts
    November 16, 2019 2:51 PM PST

I think Human and Gnome are very close to the current best choice. Close enough that actives will be important to a final decision.

• 367 posts
    November 16, 2019 8:48 PM PST

At this point, it may not matter seeing that our illusions are likely to end up being transmutations so whatever race we turn into, we'll get those passives or actives.

• 194 posts
    November 16, 2019 11:51 PM PST

Even assuming that Joppa's comment comes completely true, I don't actually see why VR would give Enchanters an illusion that just turned them into an Enchanter of another Race. I would expect the illusions they get would be more along the lines of hostile races or creatures, or maybe camouflage illusions like a tree or rock. In addition, the 'progression' quality he mentioned suggests to me that gaining some actual abilities that match the illusion is likely a high level ability. Meaning the passives/actives we get from our race are probably the only ones we'll have thru most of our levels.

But it's a lovely idea.

• 367 posts
    November 17, 2019 8:02 PM PST

It was hinted at about 18 months ago that racial illusions will be an option. Could that change from now until live though? Absolutely.