Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

/ignore revisited

• 1315 posts
    November 19, 2019 8:48 AM PST

Fulton said: 

Player collision also means, that unless a raid mob is huge, only half a dozen players at best will be in melee range, then rest of the raid will have to be all casters.

That could also be a good thing though if raid encounters moved away from single target boss fights to more complex multi target challenges with lower magnitude numerical effects.  There could still be some tank and spank mobs but colision detection and friend cover for enemies could really evolve the raid space.

• 1428 posts
    November 19, 2019 11:04 AM PST

Fulton said:

stellarmind said: Player collision adds challenge to gameplay. Eppe could express it better than me. Think of football or line dancing even synchronize swimming. Would it be the same if players could go through each other? Is it amazing to watch like that? Does it invoke the beauty of teamwork?

Then wouldn't player to player damage be acceptable as well. Don't stand within 6' of a group member swinging his sword.

Player collision also means, that unless a raid mob is huge, only half a dozen players at best will be in melee range, then rest of the raid will have to be all casters.

we can all agree that the old school mmo no collision is very outdated.  everyone is craving for challenge, not to be bored and have engaging combat.  friendly fire is hardcore.  i personally wouldn't mind it since i'm a pvper, but this would be an issue for pve players.

chess is a great example to take from.  there is no friendly fire.  there is interdependency.  there is collision.  i'm not calling to go full tilt mode into realism like hunger, thirst and sleep.

it's a moderate change that have proven to enhance gameplay.

skyrim, bdo, the witcher, the outer worlds all have collision.  pubg, sfv, league of legends etc.  i could keep going and they all have phenomenal gameplay.

it's not like the unity engine can't handle it either.  i have basic experience messing around with it.

i've addressed how to circumvent how other pvers would troll.  i think i've covered everything now.  okay have a nice day.