Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Multiple Screen viewing and game play

• 3 posts
    November 8, 2019 1:52 PM PST

Hi, all.

I have 2 screens and would like to see the game played on both screens. Like left eye, right eye, or more correctly like a panoramic veiw using both screens. Is this something that you might have as a feature?

• 90 posts
    November 8, 2019 1:54 PM PST

I can see 3 screens working with your character in the middle sceen. Not sure how you would pull off 2 screens unless you just want to see more of what is off to one of your sides versus the other. 

• 81 posts
    November 8, 2019 2:00 PM PST

The typical player has one monitor so I would be against anything that requires multiple monitors.

That being said,  I do love the idea of allowing those of us with multiple monitors be able to use them.

Most notably,  in my opinion, would be the ability to place certain UI aspects on the second monitor.  For example if I had my quest window,  inventory, and world map up on my second monitor they would not interfere with my main window,  and while this would be great for me it would not be an OP advantage to those with only one monitor.

• 1281 posts
    November 8, 2019 2:52 PM PST

In one or two of the older streams they talked about many of the developers using multiple screens to develop and play on, and that it would be supported into release.  They didn't say what "supported" would look like though.

• 801 posts
    November 8, 2019 9:08 PM PST

Multi monitor span options? that would be great

• 139 posts
    November 9, 2019 1:54 AM PST

I would like to have one screen for pantheon and another screen for an internet browser with an easy way to click out off pantheon and onto the browser without losing pantheon on my main screen. 

• 2756 posts
    November 9, 2019 5:36 AM PST

Doford said:

I would like to have one screen for pantheon and another screen for an internet browser with an easy way to click out off pantheon and onto the browser without losing pantheon on my main screen. 

That just means running Pantheon in borderless screen-sized window, then you can click where you like.  I do this with a lot of games, unless the game is extremely demanding on FPS, since often running windowed means lower FPS.  In some games, though, windowed seems to run at higher FPS.

It's based on the Unity engine, so I don't doubt you'll be able to run it fullscreen borderless windowed so you can click out with no hassle.

• 81 posts
    November 9, 2019 5:37 AM PST

Doford said:

That is already viable with them doing nothing but allowing Windowed Borderless option.

Almost every game has a windowed version.