Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

I've been thinking

• 2138 posts
    November 9, 2019 5:53 AM PST

The simplest answer I can think of, and this may sound a bit like a gate, or reverse gate, is to have basic maintenence functions in centralized areas like banking, class training, spell/tome/skill training, tradeskill benches all in newbie areas or starting towns. As a start.

• 139 posts
    November 9, 2019 6:04 AM PST

I think one way it worked in EQ was having low-level players work for higher-level players since they would collect and trade items. 

• 801 posts
    November 9, 2019 10:33 PM PST

BamBam said: Id always though that it was weird that only low lvl crafting mats are found in low lvl zones and only high lvl mats are from high lvl zones. Thats not how our natue works. A rare flower, a special tree or a gem found when mineing ore can, could and should be found in many different places in the world. Like the starter zoes. This can being activity to zones that dont have many players lvling in them, due to the vast majority of the player base have moved on to higher lvl zones.

Not really weird just a ton of work to add in all materials on each drop. It also can cause a huge delay randomizing items that do drop. Especially when you may have 100,000 items

• 1247 posts
    November 12, 2019 7:37 PM PST

Doford said:

I think one way it worked in EQ was having low-level players work for higher-level players since they would collect and trade items. 

Ah, I nearly forgot about that lol. Yes, that was one of several ways that Classic EQ kept older content alive. VR shouldn’t have a problem keeping lower and older content alive, as there are multiple ways do it. :)

#communitymatters #makenightmatteragain #factionsmatter #riskvsreward #deathpenalty #HardRaiding #respectyourguild #HellLevels