Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Debate - What is the best way to get around

• 627 posts
    November 9, 2019 3:55 AM PST
    Lets take a walk on the wild side
    • 1247 posts
    November 12, 2019 7:45 PM PST

Kargen said:

I would have to say running into the forest because there isn't a beaten path, getting lost of hours, finding landmarks (multiple times), until you eventually end right back up where you started.  Then do it all over again until you learn the zone! 

P.S.
    Please make cartography a tradeskill.

Love it!

• 1247 posts
    November 12, 2019 7:48 PM PST

Trustar said:

Spirit Of the Wolf.

Walpurgis said:

Dead Man Floating

<3

This post was edited by Syrif at November 12, 2019 7:51 PM PST
    • 220 posts
    November 12, 2019 7:59 PM PST

Best way of travel for me was all of what Old FF11 offer Airships, Boats, Chocobo, teleport, warp and your normal walking/running. Simple, less, and easy

I enjoy the boat and airship ride..the cutsceen and the world was awsome to watch. It was very immersive..the ride took 15-30 min i think but that was my short break

2019 too many mounts its dosent fit the lore anymore

If Pantheon keep it simple, less, fit the lore and made a quest to unlock said transpotation for getting around would be nice

P.S dont go overboard with 10o's of mounting device, pets, vehicle, it'll be a job collecting those mess for achievments :/

just simple, less, and lore fitting 

This post was edited by AbsoluteTerror at November 12, 2019 8:10 PM PST
    • 1247 posts
    November 12, 2019 8:18 PM PST

Beefcake said:

Levitation. I remember loving mountainous zones or zones with big hills in EQ. I would levitate and run to a peak and then just walk in the sky above the rest of the zone.

Aw, yes! Remember the DL spires/tunnel to KC run? I loved that. I’d like to see a good levitation-to-environment mechanism return to mmorpg’s.

#communitymatters #makenightmatteragain #factionsmatter #riskvsreward #deathpenalty #HardRaiding #respectyourguild #HellLevels

This post was edited by Syrif at November 12, 2019 8:19 PM PST
    • 220 posts
    November 12, 2019 8:18 PM PST

Moloka said:

I prefer running/exploring. And yes I play mostly Wizard classes. Don't get me wrong it was nice in EQ to make a chunk of change porting people around but I also think back to the days when there wasn't even maps and you had to run through kithicor forest to get to high pass. Or sitting at the docks waiting on the boat. I met some people sitting there waiting passing the time. Chatted up people had conversations and got to know people. Even grouped up with them to make the run and started a group with them. And I think that is as valuable as anything.

To me what makes a strong game is the community. Eventually the excitement of a game fades, and people are max level and starting alts, or grinding out flags or just trying to find things to further their characters progression. And once that level of excitement about the game fades you turn to that community to make it your home. If you have friends and a good guild it's hard to leave a game for something else. It's easy to drop what you are doing and help a fellow guildmate/friend out. 

Sure there are other ways than slow travel to make this happen but I really feel like part of the community immersion was the waits at the dock, sitting at a portal spot hoping a passerby wizard or druid would take you home, or sitting at the zone line in kithicor waiting for the uglies to go back to sleep.

I'm not opposed to portals, like if you have already explored the area you are allowed to gate to that area, I don't mind a new implement of a travel system. I just prefer the old way of running and seeing other people in their travels to wherever they are going. Makes the world feel more busy and vibrant, and you don't have everyone cluttered at one area checking auction houses or something like that.

Nail It!

This post was edited by AbsoluteTerror at November 12, 2019 8:19 PM PST
    • 1247 posts
    November 12, 2019 8:22 PM PST

AbsoluteTerror said:

Moloka said:

I prefer running/exploring. And yes I play mostly Wizard classes. Don't get me wrong it was nice in EQ to make a chunk of change porting people around but I also think back to the days when there wasn't even maps and you had to run through kithicor forest to get to high pass. Or sitting at the docks waiting on the boat. I met some people sitting there waiting passing the time. Chatted up people had conversations and got to know people. Even grouped up with them to make the run and started a group with them. And I think that is as valuable as anything.

To me what makes a strong game is the community. Eventually the excitement of a game fades, and people are max level and starting alts, or grinding out flags or just trying to find things to further their characters progression. And once that level of excitement about the game fades you turn to that community to make it your home. If you have friends and a good guild it's hard to leave a game for something else. It's easy to drop what you are doing and help a fellow guildmate/friend out. 

Sure there are other ways than slow travel to make this happen but I really feel like part of the community immersion was the waits at the dock, sitting at a portal spot hoping a passerby wizard or druid would take you home, or sitting at the zone line in kithicor waiting for the uglies to go back to sleep.

I'm not opposed to portals, like if you have already explored the area you are allowed to gate to that area, I don't mind a new implement of a travel system. I just prefer the old way of running and seeing other people in their travels to wherever they are going. Makes the world feel more busy and vibrant, and you don't have everyone cluttered at one area checking auction houses or something like that.

Nail It!

Ditto! :)