Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Need Pantheon quick!

• 5 posts
    October 9, 2019 9:18 AM PDT

Quit WoW: Classic over the blitzchung debacle.

So now I have an itch that can't be scratched! I looked into other.... older MMO's and they don't interest me like Pantheon!

I know its a long way off, but maybe we'll get an alpha test again soon?

Also, please never sell out to a bigger company like Blizzard did! 

• 75 posts
    October 9, 2019 3:23 PM PDT

Not sure why you quit over the Blitzchung issue but to each their own. If you can't find any MMO's atm that interest you maybe go into the RPG catagory for a while to help pass the time? Plenty to choose from!

As far as alpha they still have PA5 to do and even assuming that, that's the last of PA I'd say we are still a ways off from seeing an Alpha in the near future.

What do you mean sell out to a bigger company like Blizzard? AAA companies have their pros and cons just like Indie companies do, how you handle your decisions will effect what your fanbase becomes.

• 273 posts
    October 10, 2019 5:44 AM PDT

Honestly not trying to bait a political debate here, but it is absolutely hilarious to me that people are just now waking up to all of the investment the US and China have had in each other. I mean, it's a good thing, but people act as though it's something new, it's been going on since the 80s at least.

• 3852 posts
    October 11, 2019 7:21 AM PDT

What Activision did made perfect business sense. At least in the *short* term.

People quitting WoW because they found it offensive makes equally good sense. The best way to show a company that you disagree with its approach is to stop playing its games.

eunichron - I think the point isn't the increased reliance of both the United States and China on international trade. The point is China's increasing aggressiveness in throwing its weight around and using its economic clout to retaliate or threaten to retaliate against foreign companies that offend it even if accidentally and in a very small way. 

I am not trying to present a political view here - China's history over the last few centuries has been that of a proud (perhaps arrogant) country that viewed itself as the center of the world (the Middle Kingdom) and found out when the Europeans arrived that this was considerably less than accurate. And was bullied around and insulted. It has taken many years and many deaths for them to become even remotely comparable to the most powerful western countries in international influence and military power and it is not shocking that they react more strongly to perceived slights than they might have if not for the history of the last 300 years. Nor is it shocking that such over-reaction provokes backlash.

• 273 posts
    October 12, 2019 6:34 AM PDT

If you actually read what I said you would notice I never said anything about "increased" anything. The point was the relationship between the US and China has been this way since Nixon visited China in 1972. It's just more apparent now because of the Internet, social media, and recent news media propaganda. So thanks for telling me something I already know.

• 3852 posts
    October 12, 2019 7:51 AM PDT

And if you read what I said you would see that I was discussing international trade in general not bi-lateral trade between the U.S. and China. Although bilateral trade is far greater than it used to be whether you said so or not. In any case I wasn't disagreeing with you just bringing a different factor into the discussion - China's focus on what its geopolitical role has been in the last three centuries and what they think it *should* be.

• 844 posts
    October 12, 2019 12:21 PM PDT

Sometimes the only power you have is to vote with your feet, or wallet in this case.

• 1247 posts
    November 4, 2019 2:18 PM PST

OP, doesn't Blizzard just make you want to puke? I hear ya, Pantheon will come. :) Keep Pantheoning on!