Forums » Introduce Yourself

Old EQ player

• 2 posts
    August 21, 2019 8:12 PM PDT

Hi World!

I'm so happy I came across this game, I've been looking for something like EQ for years.

I mainly played a halfling druid call Hily Whitewidow on the ECI server for years and eventually joined the Reconstructed Guild, just in case there's any old guildmates out there, hit me up =)

I look forward to meeting new people, making new friends and enjoying new adventures!

• 614 posts
    August 22, 2019 5:17 AM PDT
    Welcome dude
    • 7 posts
    August 22, 2019 5:37 AM PDT

Welcome :)

• 186 posts
    August 22, 2019 1:50 PM PDT

Welcome Hily! Fellow E’ci refugee here :) 

• 2 posts
    August 22, 2019 2:12 PM PDT

Thanks for the warm welcome and it's nice to meet you Therek! What a small world, maybe we will run into a couple of more old mates and we'll have to run a dungeon.

I've been reading around a bit trying to get an idea when we might actually be able to play, is there any type estimate out? For some reason I thought they were in Alpha Testing but I can't seem to find any signs of.

This post was edited by hily at August 22, 2019 5:57 PM PDT
    • 340 posts
    August 22, 2019 2:52 PM PDT

• 1 posts
    August 22, 2019 4:47 PM PDT

I was hopping to see other old school EQ players here. I played a human druid back in the day. I really miss the atmosphere of EQ. Wow just couldn't do it for me. 

Been watching the videos of Panthenon for a while now. So excited. 

• 186 posts
    August 23, 2019 4:52 AM PDT

hily said:

Thanks for the warm welcome and it's nice to meet you Therek! What a small world, maybe we will run into a couple of more old mates and we'll have to run a dungeon.

I've been reading around a bit trying to get an idea when we might actually be able to play, is there any type estimate out? For some reason I thought they were in Alpha Testing but I can't seem to find any signs of.

For sure! Always up for that. They are in between Pre-Alpha phases at the moment. No dates available but the August newsletter gives some indication that the next Pre-Alpha phase may not be far off. 

• 1248 posts
    August 24, 2019 11:05 AM PDT

Two thumbs WAY UP for returning from Old EQ (like most of us here). There were hundreds of thousands of us there at one time. Welcome back! 

• 4320 posts
    August 26, 2019 4:33 PM PDT

Welcome!

• 2 posts
    August 27, 2019 4:57 PM PDT

Welcome, and train to zone!

Loved EQ1. My wife can't stand how much I talk about the "good ol' days" of MMO. Even WoW had it's moments up until Wrath, then I saw the same pattern that killed EQ forming.

Back to nostalgia: Played an Agnostic Dark Elf Chanter that ... well... I was young and decided it would be a great idea to cause havoc in the wildlands of woodies... Epic 1.0 was significantly out of reach, due to high-level NPC seeing through illusions... Lots of RTA reds in those cities for hand-ins. I thought charming a froglok was the strangest thing to.

Was on Druzzil Ro. To this day, I occassionally still use my Chanter's name in RPGs. Hoping for the best, and have pledged quite a bit of money to see it happen. Fingers crossed.

Looking forward to connecting with the likes of those in here and who will undoubtedly be drawn to this game.

• 175 posts
    September 1, 2019 2:11 PM PDT
    • 257 posts
    September 1, 2019 2:49 PM PDT

Welcome Hily!

• 6 posts
    September 7, 2019 10:02 AM PDT

Hello Also from EQ... Played on Stormhammer and so looking forward to Alpha which is getting closer to beginning. .  Played an Ogre Named FrunkleBash

• 60 posts
    October 13, 2019 8:10 AM PDT

Welcome!

• 266 posts
    October 16, 2019 2:34 AM PDT

Welcome!

• 58 posts
    October 24, 2019 8:34 AM PDT

welcome