Forums » The Dwarves

    • 22 posts
    July 28, 2019 3:19 AM PDT
    Hey guys!

    So I noticed there hasn't been any news on the dwarfs or any additions to their lore. What are some things you would really like the dwarfs to have or be?

    Personally I would love to see dwarfs have really unique braids and beards that can be colored mostly all hair colors. Or even if their hair and beards were made of frost. How cold are these dwarfs exactly?

    Another thing i was thinking as they are better in cold climates are they better in elevation? They can't jump high? Can they really even jump at all lol? I'm hoping that VR puts some humor into how they finalize them. I wouldn't mind if they have a better chance to find coin.

    Let me hear what you have to say my Dwarven people!
    • 45 posts
    August 18, 2019 7:09 AM PDT

    As I am interested in the Dwarf as well and the Dwarven development, I am thinking this is one of those races they still trying to figure out where they want to go with it. I mean as of now, I'm not happy with the Blue Pappa Smurf look that they have and was looking forward to a more traditional look of them, even a steampunk look would be better than what we currently see, right now.

    I don't know, what lies in wait for the future of Pantheon Dwarves but it will be interesting to see.

     

    Hopefully, they play the racial card and give them all types of Dwarvish looking armors/weapons, specific to them.

    • 24 posts
    August 22, 2019 2:33 PM PDT

    Gomok said:

    As I am interested in the Dwarf as well and the Dwarven development, I am thinking this is one of those races they still trying to figure out where they want to go with it. I mean as of now, I'm not happy with the Blue Pappa Smurf look that they have and was looking forward to a more traditional look of them, even a steampunk look would be better than what we currently see, right now.

    I don't know, what lies in wait for the future of Pantheon Dwarves but it will be interesting to see.

     

    Hopefully, they play the racial card and give them all types of Dwarvish looking armors/weapons, specific to them.

    So much this, was hoping for everquest or even everquest 2 dwarf style, I don't mind blue if its optional, different shades up to near normal skin colors would be best if we're stuck being blue. Guess we'll see how it goes down the line, my warrior may have to be an ogre.

    • 92 posts
    November 2, 2019 9:19 AM PDT
    I always liked the braided look with dwarves and different braid variations including braided beards. Certainly skin color options that include at the very least a more neutral or even grayish tone would be nice for people who don't like the smurf look.
    As far as jumping, most likely it will be in line with the other races including taller ones due to possible pathing/exploring issues that would otherwise block them from a certain route. The videos show the gnome jumping quite high relative to their height.
    • 475 posts
    January 18, 2020 8:53 PM PST

    I hope they can do a barrel roll.

    • 4416 posts
    January 29, 2020 1:08 PM PST

    BudrikBrimstone said: How cold are these dwarfs exactly?

    Very cold. They are literally made from a combination of magical ice and stone rather than human-like flesh... which is why they appear blueish. Although the devs have mentioned that on character creation you'll have sliders to adjust the skin tone to be more gray than blue, or vice versa. Personally, I'm intrigued by the slightly different take on the dwarves, while still feeling a little traditional at the same time.


    This post was edited by Bazgrim at January 29, 2020 1:08 PM PST
    • 546 posts
    February 6, 2020 7:31 AM PST

    They should have passive "cannot be incapacitated by alcohol"!

     

    Braid hairs in armpits and pubic region!

     

    Dual wielding pickaxes while mining!

     

    Athlete's foot!

    • 808 posts
    February 10, 2020 6:32 PM PST

    I hope there are cosmetic options other than short and fat so I don't have to play a Human Paladin.  >:p

    • 1458 posts
    February 10, 2020 7:04 PM PST

    Darch said:

    I hope there are cosmetic options other than short and fat so I don't have to play a Human Paladin.  >:p

    There are! You can choose short, fat, AND blue.

    • 546 posts
    February 26, 2020 2:10 AM PST

    philo said:

    Darch said:

    I hope there are cosmetic options other than short and fat so I don't have to play a Human Paladin.  >:p

    There are! You can choose short, fat, AND blue.

    Well they will be shorter than humans for sure, but in the streams a female dwarf didn't look bulky/chubby at all so I'm pretty sure we will be able to change our body type within a reasonable boundries. And the skin tone most likely could be grey as well xP 

    • 506 posts
    February 26, 2020 11:29 AM PST

    Darch said:

    I hope there are cosmetic options other than short and fat so I don't have to play a Human Paladin.  >:p

    I heard there will be a setting for "Stocky & Compact"

    :D