Forums » Crafting and Gathering

A fellow Crafter on the Dev. Team, this is awesome!

• 259 posts
    May 15, 2019 9:47 AM PDT

From the Meet the Devs interview for this month’s newsletter, Community Dwarf extraordinaire Linda “Brasse” Carlson took the time to sit down with Project Manager, Lynn Ashworth, and asked the following question:

Pantheon is innovating on a number of game systems—what's your favorite of these?

Crafting and harvesting!!!!! I am not what you would call creative, nor handy. Yet, when it comes to games that have crafting and harvesting, I feel it's an outlet where I can be creative and make things, and also that it brings a sense of usefulness to me and my guild. I feel like I am contributing to the greater experience of the game. I feel rewarded for the hard work of gathering resources, learning the recipes, and seeing the end result benefit in a positive way. I am not the best in combat, I get lost frequently, I have no sense of direction (sadly, even in real life). But I can craft to my heart's content, which I hope offsets all of the other things!

• 1785 posts
    May 15, 2019 9:50 AM PDT

Lynn's not the only crafter on VR's team by a longshot :)

Though it was great to hear that she's also one of us.

• 624 posts
    May 16, 2019 7:13 PM PDT

She can sew up a Gantt chart, hammer in some milestones, bake the entire project plan until golden brown and serve it up to the rest of the team with some home brew “get-it-done” zinger drinks. Fun!