Forums » Pantheon Classes

Tank Parity

• 5 posts
    May 5, 2019 6:53 PM PDT

1) WIll all tanks have parity in groups and raids (Parity being defined solely in tanking abilites i.e. aggro and damage reduction)?

2) Has this issue been answered by devs as yet? Last tank threads I could find dated to 2017 and 2016.

I ask because I plan on playing a Paladin, but don't want this to devolve into "Warrior is best for raid tank" unless already stated by a dev it will in fact be that way.

If so, I will still play a Paladin, but i wish to know one way or the other.

• 1860 posts
    May 5, 2019 10:33 PM PDT

That is largely dependent on player perception.  We do know that warriors will have an ac bonus.  Palys get bonus heals and benefits against undead (which there should be a good amount of on release with all of the revenants).

• 372 posts
    May 6, 2019 7:15 AM PDT

They have been clear that they want all three main tanks to be capable of filling the main tank role for any group. "...different abilities, different tactics, different resources, so you still feel like you're the class that you are but you're not 2nd best or 3rd best at tanking." Dire lord is a self healing tank that uses mail instead of plate, they have magic resistance, summon shields, etc. They also can tank while using a 2HE.  War, Pal, DL can all be used to tank. The Monk is still classified as off-tank so I'm not including it.

Here is a refence to this issue in the March Roundtable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl-IxcCNNBw&feature=youtu.be&t=2301

If you want to play a Paladin, you'll have the ability to be the main tank.

This post was edited by Tigersin at May 6, 2019 7:28 AM PDT
    • 5 posts
    May 7, 2019 6:32 PM PDT

Thanks for that quote, Tigersin. THat's the kind of info I was lookign for. I hope that applies to raid content as well as group content.