Forums » Crafting and Gathering

“Crafting and the Community” w/ Minus

• 259 posts
    April 23, 2019 7:59 AM PDT

On this weeks “Crafting and the Community” we are spotlighting community member “ Minus ”. A huge thank you from Old School Crafters to Minus from Pantheon Plus for taking the time to answer these few questions for us. Be sure to check out Minus here:

On Pantheon Plus and You Tube

1) Do you enjoy crafting or are you more of the adventuring type?

Personally I am strongly an adventuring type of player. When I am on, I’m either killing something, or farming a dungeon for loot. I am very seldom a player who crafts or gathers.

2) What was your first experience with crafting in an MMORPG?

It’s hard for me to remember exactly when I was introduced to crafting. Instead let me talk about what stood out most to me. In World of Warcraft, when they added stat gains to maxing out a profession I got really into it. At the time I was a tank, and if I remember correctly you could get an HP or Armor boost for maxing your blacksmithing/mining traits. This stat gain and wanting to be the best tank I could be really drove me into crafting. Once that was taken away, I actually stopped worrying about crafting. The only other time I got deep into crafting was at the start of Battle for Azeroth. This was strange because I never did these types of things, but at the same time, I was really sick of being broke. That’s the problem when you don’t craft much – you have no money. I decided to try out blacksmithing and mining at launch as I leveled. This turned out to be pretty awesome, because somehow, by pure luck, I ended up being one of the first max level blacksmiths, and really started taking advantage of the auction house. This allowed me to make more money in a very short time than I had ever made in all my time in WoW. It was so much gold, that outside of items I farmed, I was able to purchase a ton of high end items, and become the highest geared warrior on our server, which was a very heavy population server, until the release of the first mythic raid tier. This was pretty crazy, because while I’m hardcore, I don’t really focus on being first, or being the best geared, it just all sorta happened really quickly. It allowed me to also outfit my entire guild… this experience was all new to me, and really helped us out. Makes me rethink the importance of crafting for Pantheon for sure!

3) Do you have a favorite type of crafting and if so why?

I play a lot of plate classes, specifically tanks. The few amount of times that I’ve jumped into crafting, it’s always been Blacksmithing.

4) Are you excited with development of the crafting and harvesting skills?

I am really hoping for some depth to the crafting systems, and also to have them setup  to be important to the highest level of gear. I am an adventurer, for sure, its in part because most games, that I’ve played, don’t have competitive gear from crafting, as the dungeon/raid gear far exceeds it.

5) And lastly, how important of a role do you feel crafting should play in Pantheon?

Hopefully this isn’t off topic, but I’ve also played a lot of Monster Hunter in all its forms. Most recently I’ve played a ton of Monster Hunter World, and I LOVE that the entire game is based off crafting your weapons and gear. The fact that you are constantly upgrading gear, and taking it down different trees for different types of fights etc, was really awesome. What I liked most is that, it has always been the case that you’d kill a demon boss, and he would drop loot. That loot could be a wand, a cloth head, a mail chest, plate boots, a necklace, a ring, a trinket…. What’s this demon doing? Why does he have this stuff? In Monster Hunter World, you collect pieces… for crafting. It makes so much more sense to get pieces or essences of enemies, and put those into the gear your building. You could have some items base craftable, in tiers, but then those items are progressed. So it’s not that no armor drops across the world, but the best stuff should be pieces you upgrade and build to something special. This also allows for items to go across expansions and level raising, if they are special to the world. Maybe a bit of a rant on this question, but I’d love to see crafting be vital to all gear creation, even if raiding/dungeons were for materials, and you find a guildy to put it together, or you learn it yourself.

This post was edited by Shyin at April 23, 2019 8:00 AM PDT