Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Recipes and how to get them

• 520 posts
    April 18, 2019 11:31 AM PDT

So how exactly we will be able to obtain recipes? Will they automatically "unlock" when we gain a tier in certain field of crafting? Will there be crafting merchant in each town  that sells recipes connected to specific race? Will we be awarded with them for doing specific quest or speaking with certain NPC? Or finally will they just drop from specific enemies? Is there any information on that yet?

• 1785 posts
    April 18, 2019 11:55 AM PDT

No one knows exactly yet :)

But, here is what we suspect:

- Initially, you will learn recipes from a trainer (probably for a small fee).  You may get some for free.

- There will be some recipes that you can only obtain after you've built up faction with an NPC group.

- There may be some recipes that are only available as drops out in the world, and that you may have to buy from other players.

- There may be some recipes that you have to piece together from fragments, found via loot, quests, or Perception

- Finally, it's possible that there may be some recipes that you learn from salvaging items.  For example, if you salvage enough halberds, you learn how to make them.

Again, all of this is speculation.  But I would expect that learning new recipes will be something that we have to go and actively work on in Pantheon - they won't just be handed to us.

• 520 posts
    April 18, 2019 12:52 PM PDT

I certainly hope so! I hate that in modern MMOs every character is pretty much the same. I love the idea of learning from salvaging - and makes a lot of sense - masters that knows material and items they are working on automatically have ideas and knowledge how to improve them! It would be interesting though if some recipes would only be obtainable by trial and error - combining different ingredients with each other - especially in alchemy and cooking.