Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Pledge Rewards Questions

• 1921 posts
    April 25, 2019 6:56 AM PDT

Any chance you were able to find out if it's going to be first name and/or last name, for reservations?

• VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    April 25, 2019 9:06 AM PDT

vjek said:

Any chance you were able to find out if it's going to be first name and/or last name, for reservations?

This will be released closer to the time for the name reservations.

• 11 posts
    April 25, 2019 3:29 PM PDT

Artois said:

Gingernaut said:

antonius said:

Wow that is TERRIBLY short sighted in my opinion.  I mean, if I pledged X way back when and got say, alpha access, but I now pledge another $Y, I would LOSE alpha as an example?  That seems beyond moronic.  The logical thing (frankly I NEVER for a second thought that if I gave more money that I would lose anything...WOW what a wake up) would be to keep the previous benefits as they stand, and only add new benefits from the higher level pledge and replace existing ones with the new ones if they are superior (ie from alpha access to prealpha etc).  I had contemplated adding to my pledge before but no chance now.  I get the administrative aspects of managing it would be harder but seems like disincentivizing people from giving more money is the absolute wrong idea.

Exactly, I have no dog in this fight, but it completely kills the poossibility of future pledging, VR is shooting themselves in the foot with this policy.

I don't have much to add to this yet other than this is a discussion I am leading internally in regards to our early supporters and rewards. As we continue to refine our pledge packages, we want to ensure our early supporters are able to continue to upgrade their pledge if desired and not worry about losing some of the rewards they previously got through their pledge.

That's great news, thanks !

• 160 posts
    April 25, 2019 11:22 PM PDT

@Artois and Kilsin: thank you for your snappy and honest responses to these questions. 

• 11 posts
    April 30, 2019 12:58 PM PDT

Hi o/

I just payed for Keeper's Pledge few hours ago and happy to be here able to participate in forums. I have been following the project for a few years now.

I would like to ask if we will be able to see a  list of the changes for future pledge updates, because I have plans for an upgrade in next months (probably for Alpha access) but I have many doubts now about the rewards, should I wait or pledge before new changes? 

I wish the best for this beautiful project with so much passion.

/wave, Rada Torment.

This post was edited by Isvrada at April 30, 2019 4:45 PM PDT
    • VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    May 1, 2019 2:18 PM PDT

Isvrada said:

Hi o/

I just payed for Keeper's Pledge few hours ago and happy to be here able to participate in forums. I have been following the project for a few years now.

I would like to ask if we will be able to see a  list of the changes for future pledge updates, because I have plans for an upgrade in next months (probably for Alpha access) but I have many doubts now about the rewards, should I wait or pledge before new changes? 

I wish the best for this beautiful project with so much passion.

/wave, Rada Torment.

Thanks for becoming a Keeper :)

In regards to future pledge reward changes, my goal is to be transparent and let everyone know up front what is changing. For various reasons we do change pledge packages but we don't anyone to be caught unaware in case they were planning to upgrade in the near future.

• 510 posts
    May 8, 2019 2:36 PM PDT

Is there any chance we could get a member date listed on the subscription page?

• 1 posts
    May 9, 2019 3:34 PM PDT

What is the Founders Guild?

• 159 posts
    May 10, 2019 8:51 AM PDT

Srh501 said:

They will not give "full" transparency on what is it. The last I seen it was basicly junk. Just makes it a little more convenient for crafters. Followed by the famous line they always use " plus other stuff that I'm not ready to discuss right now.. So you'll be shooting in the dark if you do decide to pleadge at a level that gives it to you. So they have not shared what the other stuff is going to be at this time to the best of my knownledge. They did make it known that it will "not" be a way to fast travel. Personal opinion of mine is that when they do give "full" transparency of the reward it will be over priced at that time. So if you like to gamble go for it.   

• 1281 posts
    May 10, 2019 9:50 AM PDT

Vander said:

Srh501 said:

They will not give "full" transparency on what is it. The last I seen it was basicly junk. Just makes it a little more convenient for crafters. Followed by the famous line they always use " plus other stuff that I'm not ready to discuss right now.. So you'll be shooting in the dark if you do decide to pleadge at a level that gives it to you. So they have not shared what the other stuff is going to be at this time to the best of my knownledge. They did make it known that it will "not" be a way to fast travel. Personal opinion of mine is that when they do give "full" transparency of the reward it will be over priced at that time. So if you like to gamble go for it.   

If I recall, I forget exactly where I heard it, but I believe it was one of the VIP Roundtable streams, the Founders Guild was going to be a location in each city where you could go in and hang out.  Sort of like a "member's only" tavern or inn.

• 159 posts
    May 10, 2019 11:19 AM PDT

Kalok said:

Vander said:

Srh501 said:

If I recall, I forget exactly where I heard it, but I believe it was one of the VIP Roundtable streams, the Founders Guild was going to be a location in each city where you could go in and hang out.  Sort of like a "member's only" tavern or inn.

You are correct sir. That is another part of it.

• 116 posts
    May 15, 2019 5:38 AM PDT

There seems to be some considerable effort in coming up with Pledge packages to incentivize ongoing interest and investment. 

I respectfully suggest that ‘base pledges’ be created that cover what VR considers to be essential, and then everything else be options as add-ons. 

I know that I would feel free to safely spend more, knowing previous items, once acquired remain acquired, thereby allowing me to add whatever new satchel, icon, tunic, robe, etc... comes along and tickles my fancy. 

This effectively creates a Pledge cash shop which can be shutdown at launch when the subscription-based model takes over. 

Thoughts?

• VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    May 15, 2019 1:25 PM PDT

Grayel said:

There seems to be some considerable effort in coming up with Pledge packages to incentivize ongoing interest and investment. 

I respectfully suggest that ‘base pledges’ be created that cover what VR considers to be essential, and then everything else be options as add-ons. 

I know that I would feel free to safely spend more, knowing previous items, once acquired remain acquired, thereby allowing me to add whatever new satchel, icon, tunic, robe, etc... comes along and tickles my fancy. 

This effectively creates a Pledge cash shop which can be shutdown at launch when the subscription-based model takes over. 

Thoughts?

We are working on a complete revamp of the store which will eventually allow a more customizable approach to pledges. 

• 116 posts
    May 15, 2019 2:33 PM PDT

Awesome, thank you so much Artois!

• 801 posts
    May 16, 2019 12:46 PM PDT

Artois said:

Grayel said:

Thoughts?

We are working on a complete revamp of the store which will eventually allow a more customizable approach to pledges. 

I gave my upgrade pledge away as it would have hurt my existing package. Now you saying they are upgrading the store for pledges?

Solid system please and stick by it. Because finding out now, after i gave it away would not be funny to me personally.

• 1 posts
    May 18, 2019 6:02 PM PDT

Hello, fellow Pantheon enthusiasts,

I was looking at the new pledge levels and I started thinking, which raised a specific question.   I am at the Advisor pledge level.  I know that if I wanted to upgrade to the new Blackrose level I would only pay the difference but my question is, does the Blackrose pledge level get all the lower champion level pledge items in addition to the very specific Black Rose pledge items?  For example, the Robe of the Black Rose - Cosmetic item.  Thanks all I appreciate it very much and also.... go BARD!!!

• 21 posts
    May 30, 2019 5:33 AM PDT

Whats the difference between Astral Guide Pet and Vanity pet and Tunic of the Planes and Tunic of the ages...  

Are these the same items just renamed or will early contributers get different items?

This post was edited by Chaoticus at May 30, 2019 5:47 AM PDT
    • 3 posts
    May 30, 2019 10:16 AM PDT

All I see is people worried about not getting to keep their items if they want to advance a pledge higher. Me, I want to know because i tried but then stopped because i want to go from $50 pledge to the $100 pledge... But it was going to cost me $100 instead of $50 more for the $100 pledge from what paypal was showing me. So for me to advance to the $100 pledge I will have spent $150.. is this true?

• VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    May 30, 2019 11:41 AM PDT

Bakumba said:

All I see is people worried about not getting to keep their items if they want to advance a pledge higher. Me, I want to know because i tried but then stopped because i want to go from $50 pledge to the $100 pledge... But it was going to cost me $100 instead of $50 more for the $100 pledge from what paypal was showing me. So for me to advance to the $100 pledge I will have spent $150.. is this true?

To upgrade, use this link https://www.pantheonmmo.com/join/upgrade/

You will only pay the difference between pledge levels.

• VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    May 30, 2019 11:42 AM PDT

Chaoticus said:

Whats the difference between Astral Guide Pet and Vanity pet and Tunic of the Planes and Tunic of the ages...  

Are these the same items just renamed or will early contributers get different items?

These are separate items. All of the items in the pledges are cosmetic in nature so they will have a different look

• VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    May 30, 2019 11:44 AM PDT

Nasferatis said:

Hello, fellow Pantheon enthusiasts,

I was looking at the new pledge levels and I started thinking, which raised a specific question.   I am at the Advisor pledge level.  I know that if I wanted to upgrade to the new Blackrose level I would only pay the difference but my question is, does the Blackrose pledge level get all the lower champion level pledge items in addition to the very specific Black Rose pledge items?  For example, the Robe of the Black Rose - Cosmetic item.  Thanks all I appreciate it very much and also.... go BARD!!!

Currently, the Black Rose pledge gets only the items listed in the pledge.

• 3 posts
    June 1, 2019 3:00 PM PDT

When I logged into my account for the first time in almost a year, a page popped up with a button for me to click to agree to terms and conditions that include, among other things, that I'm out my pledge money and have no recourse if you, VR,  don't deliver the pledge rewards you promised in consideration for the large sum of money I paid you over two years ago.  Why on earth would I waive legal rights after you've already taken my money?

• 1992 posts
    June 1, 2019 3:39 PM PDT

I have no doubt that you had to 'sign' agreement to some legalese when you pledged that had the same legal force as the current page. That page is just the latest version that everyone got to sign at one point. While you mention the money you 'paid' them, I have no doubt that legally you donated money.

Never hurts to double-check stuff like this though.

• 372 posts
    June 1, 2019 4:35 PM PDT

This post was edited by Tigersin at June 1, 2019 4:42 PM PDT
    • 3 posts
    June 2, 2019 4:47 AM PDT

Jothany said:

I have no doubt that you had to 'sign' agreement to some legalese when you pledged that had the same legal force as the current page. That page is just the latest version that everyone got to sign at one point. While you mention the money you 'paid' them, I have no doubt that legally you donated money.

Never hurts to double-check stuff like this though.

Yea, I was thinking that too, but I don't remember doing it.  As far as whether pledging is a donation, it is not when rewards are offered.  Under the law, a donation is a gift given without the expectation of receiving anything in return, but a set of promises where each party promises to do something for the other in exchange for a benefit is a contract.  With VR's Pledging system, they promised to give us a specific set of rewards in exchange for our money, so they entered into a legally binding contract as soon as they accepted our money.  The way they get around the legally binding contract is getting us to agree that they aren't liable if they fail to deliver on their promises.  I have no doubt that VR fully intends to live up to their end of the bargain and it's just good lawyering to put that clause in the terms and conditions, but if I didn't sign my rights away two years ago as a condition of VR accepting my money, I would be stupid to do so now.