Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Make Fishing GREAT Again

• 14 posts
    March 1, 2019 5:33 PM PST

If someone could implement this kind of fishing game into an mmo... it would change the world...

• 287 posts
    March 2, 2019 2:50 PM PST

It would be pretty funny to see a super intense mini-game for a trivial aspect of the game. Could even have weekly leaderboards for bragging rights and maybe a little extra coin too

• 1479 posts
    March 2, 2019 3:00 PM PST

Please keep fishing as a relaxing activity, and not some intense minigames with too much consummables and such...

• 174 posts
    March 2, 2019 3:30 PM PST

There can be more than one type of fishing. Keep everybody happy.

• 38 posts
    March 2, 2019 10:30 PM PST

I want PVP where one player is a fisherman and the rest fish, last fish remaining gets to keep his/her gear and experience. Everyone else permadeath on char

• 184 posts
    March 3, 2019 11:14 AM PST

There should be risk involved with Fishing, such as accidentally catching a Hostile NPC (Aqua-Goblin...etc...) that can be several levels above you. This would take care of the bot Fisherman who would auto-fish for items, as they could catch a NPC who would kill them if they don't run away.

I also would like to see fishing evolve from just a fishing pole to Spear Fishing in deeper waters, this would be an active activity requiring the Spear Fisherman to be paying attention at all times to his enviroment, air supply, hostile NPC's..etc...

Rint

• 287 posts
    March 4, 2019 10:05 PM PST

JimmyEcho said:

I want PVP where one player is a fisherman and the rest fish, last fish remaining gets to keep his/her gear and experience. Everyone else permadeath on char

I would play this game for years and years

• 9 posts
    March 25, 2019 11:55 PM PDT

I have always loved when fishing could be coupled with other skills. Like when your fish could be used in specific fishing recipes. Created a good market for fishing lovers. As well as i know it's a bit contravertial but i always liked fishing up chests, with RNG stuff in them, or like a little pet that would show how much you fish. Nothing to help in combat or anything. Just Something to show your love of fishing. When i played WarFrame, i was pleasantly suprised by the spear fishing, i would be very down for different types of fishing to be in a game!

• 287 posts
    March 26, 2019 7:26 AM PDT

Elder Scrolls Online had an interesting take on fishing. In that game, every zone had different fish that you could catch, and it would keep a ledger for you. Not all fish could be caught in the same watering hole and I think there were four different types of fish. Each type had its own rare catch. It would take a LONG time to get all of the possible catches for each zone, but once you did you would get a title. If you managed to do this for every single zone, you would get another title...that no one had because it was such a time sink. Would be pretty cool the Pantheon to do something of the sort.

• 65 posts
    April 28, 2019 8:58 PM PDT

I had a good laugh imagining that game in a fantasy role play setting. Im not sure I would ever reach level cap if that were in the game.

• 3 posts
    April 28, 2019 11:26 PM PDT

I would like something more involved than a point and click fishing system... but nothing too complicated, still something relaxing...

Though i would like it for fish and stuff you catch to have impact on the game and other professions; having it be a part of the ecosystem/economy.

It would be nice to have  a power scroll bar to adjust how far you want to cast.... 

This post was edited by mathias17 at April 28, 2019 11:27 PM PDT
    • 24 posts
    April 29, 2019 9:53 PM PDT

randomrob82 said:

Elder Scrolls Online had an interesting take on fishing. In that game, every zone had different fish that you could catch, and it would keep a ledger for you. Not all fish could be caught in the same watering hole and I think there were four different types of fish. Each type had its own rare catch. It would take a LONG time to get all of the possible catches for each zone, but once you did you would get a title. If you managed to do this for every single zone, you would get another title...that no one had because it was such a time sink. Would be pretty cool the Pantheon to do something of the sort.

Titles for all the crafting/harvesting would be sweet. Fishing should be relaxing with a rare chance to dig up items/gold.